Monday, February 10, 2020

Contemplating self


  1. How do you feel about the overall outcome of this piece in relation to your art making process? I am very proud of myself with what I have created. I have never touched photoshop in my life and feel that I have a good hold on it now even with only 5 weeks of it under my belt! I learned how to use the Wacom pad and paint with it and it has become my new obsession. Anyways, I feel like it also realtes to my art making process because I am a very painterly person who likes to use paint to blend and render, and this gave me a chance to do that.
  2. In what way did you integrate your personal art practice into this project? I used my painting and sketching skills in this project. Using different uses of marks and strokes I made a realistic enough looking figure to resemble myself. I tend to go toward self portraits for some reason, maybe because I like to explore my own self and face, but I find it to be an interesting figure to go off of. 
  3. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? Definitely. Because I have never used photoshop in any kind of art context I was very nervous at first how this would turn out. I have many doubts about my concept of isolation and self being because I feel that I do not know my true self, but felt this piece was important enough to include. 
  4. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough?Definitely the perspective of this piece made it difficult for me to render. This is because I wanted my figure very upfront to the viewer but the background more standing back into space, and many viewers did not seem to get that. I wish I had executed that better, but I tried my best. 
  5. Reflect on the project critique: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not. Yes and no. I had specifically asked for negative thoughts and got not even one... Maybe about the perspective but I just wish I had more feedback on what I needed more or less of in this piece. 
  6. Please share any other thoughts. I feel that I had all of the proper tools to complete this piece and feel that I did it successfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 4: Final

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_T5_EeWZ7H5ECQKEZ4cDGq_fc8SiTLDP/view?usp=sharing