Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Critique Response

  1. In what way did you change your process to make a piece that was site specific? I definitely had to think of my site before I came up with my piece. Luckily, there are plenty of dumpsters in the Philly area, and there happened to be one right outside of my boyfriends Apartment. I had to change my entire thinking process because of this.
  2. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? If you did not feel challenged is there something you would do differently if you were to do it again? I definitely felt challenged doing this piece. I have a lot of trouble with illustrator and it's technicalities. I found it very frustrating to connect all of the paths and what not. But once I got the hang of the image trace, I drew my image on a sketchbook, then uploaded a picture and traced it very successfully. 
  3. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough? I felt that for myself the piece was the perfect balance between challenging and not because making the piece was not all that bad, but installing it was a little harder than expected. So I feel that these two things balanced each other out. Plus we had to basically do it over break and time manage well or else we would not get the work done, which is challenging for some as well.
  4. Reflect on the critique and consider how your experience was different from the first: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not. I had definitely received more useful feedback than the first. Though I still felt like only one or two people actually made a comment that was unique from the rest. People still tend to just change words from others and kind of make them sound dfifferent, but they did not. I got more critical meaningful feedback in this critique than the last.
  5. Please share any other thoughts. I had fun doing this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 4: Final

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_T5_EeWZ7H5ECQKEZ4cDGq_fc8SiTLDP/view?usp=sharing