Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Blog Post 4

Akira Kurosawa: I have actually seen the seventh samurai and a couple other movies by Kurosawa and found them very intriguing and some of the best movies that used movement ever. I think that it is interesting how many parts have to be right in order for a frame to look correct. I never thought that it took that much thinking to shoot angles and such for a film, so this definitely changed my views. This has definitely got me thinking also on how I want to execute my project for this class by using maybe fake rain and wind with a fan possibly to add that extra oomph to my piece.

Satoshi Kon: I have actually been wanting to see one of his films about these homeless group of people who find a baby and want to return it to its mother. I find it very interesting how his cuts are actually so fast that he did not want to do live action because of it, like how they described how his frame animated was 6 seconds and then the live action was 10. I am also going to take into consideration the editing modes that Kon used like the interesting transitions and cuts made to each scene to make them cohesive.

F for Fake: Therefore, But, Meanwhile, back at the ranch!! never ask yourself "and then" when writing a storyline because then you will get lost in a boring loop of uninteresting media. By using therefore and but you keep the audience interested in what is going on in the film. I never knew this technique until right now, which is very cool to me. It also shows that Grammar matters even in the making of movies to get ones head in the right mind space.


Lynne Ramsey. I think that the sound and picture are the most important parts of a film. One of my favorite films, Spirited Away does just this. In the original version, there are all of these elements that is explained in this video that makes a film interesting and a lot more poetic and romantic in a way. But in the American version, a lot of the sound and beautiful nature of this film is taken away because  when the Americans edited it for their general public, they thought we would find those parts boring, which is not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 4: Final

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_T5_EeWZ7H5ECQKEZ4cDGq_fc8SiTLDP/view?usp=sharing