Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Nice to meet you!



  1. Who are you? Sammy Henken, an artist and ex basketball player
  2. Where are you from? Downingtown Pennsylvania
  3. Do you have a preferred pronoun? she/her
  4. Tell me something about yourself? I can play the recorder with my nose... specifically the titanic theme song. I also love to play basketball but have not gotten back into it after my high school career ended.
  5. What is your major? Art Education
  6. What kind of art do you like to make (share an image)? Portraiture and Landscapes 

  7. What apps/programs on the phone or computer do you use most frequently and what for? I mainly use instagram and VSCO for having a platform for my artwork and editing it, since.I do not know how to use photoshop yet :)
  8. Who is one of your favorite visual artists (post a  photo)?
    Malena Bozzini is currently my favorite artist! 

  9. Who is your favorite musician (share a link)?
    The Struts: https://thestruts.com
  10. What do you hope to get out of this class?
    I hope to successfully learn all of the programs with as little trouble as possible and have fun with whatever project I am trying to accomplish. I also want to challenge myself in this course to always try better even when I fail.
  11. Can you sit still for an hour? Yes, but I got rear-ended over the summer I am constantly massaging my neck to try to get rid of pain...
  12. What is your relationship to visual studies? None as of right now, since I am in art ed.
  13. What is the relationship between computers and visual studies?  My relationship is very lacking and toxic, I have had very bad experiences with computers and would rather do without them most of the time, but in this day and age we need to use them, and I am willing to learn how to. I think online art is some of the most interesting art out there at this moment, I just need to explore it myself first to truly understand how to create it.
  14. What is your experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere? Photo shop for a little bit of editing but very little, and everything else I have not touched.
  15. Have you ever created a 3D printed object? Nada
  16. Do you have a computer at home? If so does it have Photoshop and Illustrator? Mac or PC?
    Yes, and it has all of the adobe things, and it is a MacBook Pro.
  17. Write a five line story.  When I was around 5 I had gotten a fish names Chucky after the "Chuckee Cheese" from the pet store. I had become very attached to this little fish very fast. I would go down to his bowl everyday to feed him and tell him about my day as well. But then one day, Chuckee didn't make it through the night... I had a funeral for him and called him a "long liver". My mom later comes to tell me maybe 10 years later that for the whole duration of Chuckee's long lived 3 week life, she had replaced him everyday with a 99 cent fish from the pet store just so I wouldn't be sad that he died so early...
  18. Post an image from your winter break : ...




Class Vote: Would you prefer to have a break or get out at 7:45?

YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 4: Final

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_T5_EeWZ7H5ECQKEZ4cDGq_fc8SiTLDP/view?usp=sharing